Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Natalie Portman Films

So I have a thing for Natalie Portman.  Fortunately for purposes of this blog...she also has some cool movies under her belt.  Sadly though...there are only a couple.  I don't expect a lot of posts with different responses, but I am sure there will be some other opinions regardless.  Next weeks topic will surely make up for the lack of options that this week holds.



Top 3 Natalie Portman Films

(always in no particular order)
V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta.  I first saw this film when I was sick at home after a surgery.  I didnt quite expect what I got, but I was very happy with this film.  I guess that Portman is only a portion of this film as the true star would be V.  If you havent....watch this film.





The Professional
The Professional.  Technically, Portman's first feature film.  Shes an emotionally ravaged pre-teen in a volatile family setting, that meets a hitman who quickly becomes the first role-model that she has ever really had.  This is one of those films where you look at the child-star that is in it and realize that she is going to become big someday.  I also always enjoy when Jean Reno is in a film.  For whatever reason, he puts on a good show.





Garden State
Garden State.  A dumb movie thats whole plot does not add up to anything.  Basically Napoleon Dynamite...but for people who didnt like Napoleon Dynamite.  Entertaining though...Another one worth watching...just to say that you saw it.






Black Swan and Star Wars
I cant comment on Black Swan because I have not seen it.  I have heard that its fantastic, but oh well.  As for Star Wars, she was fun to watch in it, but it no way would I consider those "her" movies. (Garden State barely made the cut)

Next weeks Topic: Steven Spielberg Movies

4 comments:

Name said...

Only Portman movie I've seen that was really hers I guess was V for Vendetta - Excellent movie, although her character had a bigger role in the graphic novel.

She was good in Thor too, but that one really wasn't about her, being a superhero movie and all.

Christopher said...

Spielberg next week. Thats all I have to say. Had to do Portman though. just had to.

Steven L said...

Natalie Portman frequents my #1 spot for hottest female actress, so I get the appeal of having her as a topic, but yeah, kind of a topic lacking in options...

1) Black Swan - This was such a fantastic movie. It really captured the world of dance, and showed the pressures of the world. The story line was well driven, and had a lot to capture the audience in. It was one of my top 3 movies of 2010.

2) V for Vendetta - This was a great movie, and like Benji said, her role should have been bigger as it was in the graphic novel, but she was still excellent in it.

3) Number 3 is a hard option to pick... so I will go with The Other Boleyn Girl. I had to search Natalie Portman movies to find her other movies, and found how few movies she was in that could be classified as HER movie. This is not the greatest movie, but SHE was fantastic in it. She showed a lot of range as an actress in this one.

Honorable Mention: No Strings Attached, Mars Attacks. Both Great movies.... but hardly worth mentioning in a "BEST OF" category... although Mars Attacks borders that line.

Animal Mother Williams said...

Besides Star Wars...

1. Closer - Probably my favorite Natalie Portman film.

2. Black Swan - Gorgeous.

3. The Professional - This was a great action movie.

Honorable mentions: V for Vendetta and Paris Je T'aime.